This is a list of quotes I find compelling. Disclaimer: I do not necessarily fully endorse all of them.
You may also be interested in a list of specifically political quotes.
- The world is all messed up. The nation is sick. Trouble is in the land. Confusion all around. That's a strange statement. But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars. And I see God working in this period of the twentieth century in a way that men, in some strange way, are responding - something is happening in our world. The masses of people are rising up. And wherever they are assembled today, whether they are in Johannesburg, South Africa; Nairobi, Kenya; Accra, Ghana; New York City; Atlanta, Georgia; Jackson, Mississippi; or Memphis, Tennessee - the cry is always the same - "We want to be free."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., I've Been to the Mountaintop
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- David, Psalms 23:4 (Bible)
- Whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
- Max Ehrmann, Desiderata
- I will not die; it's the world that will end.
- Ayn Rand
- In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility. I welcome it.
- John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, 1961
- The government is an artificial creation based on fear and force. You don't have to take my word for that, because the first President of the United States said 'The government is based on force', and the second President of the United States said 'The government is based on fear'.
- Judge Andrew Napolitano, Campaign for Liberty speech
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- Jesus Christ, John 8:32 (Bible)
- I was talking to this guy who said 'Hey man, when you get big, don't forget about us.' And I thought about it for a while, and then I said 'Hey man, if I never make it at all? I just don't want y'all to forget about me.'
- Mr Chi City
- This is the difference of the power of our Creator and anything else, particularly evil: that you can go into a pitch black room full of evil, full of darkness, and light a little candle - and instantly, that darkness flees - but you can't do the opposite. You can't go into a well-lit room full of truth, wisdom, righteousness, joy, health, and harmony, with the universal power. You can't take any amount of darkness and go into that well-lit room and have any effect whatsoever.
- Dr. Len Horowitz, Esoteric Agenda
- A true rebellion, a true revolution, begins when you quit following, and start leading. And those that end up following you, should be taught by you to quit following you and start leading. And the only way to lead successfully is by fully understanding your rights as a human being in this world.
- Ben Stewart, Esoteric Agenda