This is a list of quotes I find compelling. Disclaimer: I do not necessarily fully endorse all of them.
You may also be interested in a list of specifically political quotes.
- Freedom is ALWAYS illegal.
- Larken Rose
- The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.
- David Friedman
- Test everything. Hold on to the good.
- Paul, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 (Bible)
- I am not protesting, I am simply speaking loudly through a megaphone.
- Danny, The Love Police
- The wages of sin is death. The wages of government is taxes (to death).
- Calen Fretts
- Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.
- I get to my God through Christ. Christ, to me, is a Man of peace. He is for peace, He is not for war. He doesn't justify preemptive war. I strongly believe that there is a Christian doctrine of just war. And I believe this nation has drifted from that. No matter what the rationales are, we have drifted from that, and it's very, very dangerous, and I see in many ways being unchristian. Christ is for love, and forgiveness, and turning the other cheek for peace. And to justify what we do in the name of Christianity I think is very dangerous, and not part of what Christianity is all about. Christ came here for spiritual reasons, not secular war and boundaries and geography. And yet, we are now dedicating so much of our aggressive activity in the name of God, but God, he is the Prince of Peace. That is what I see from my God and through Christ. I vote for peace.
- Ron Paul, Presidential Debate
- Patriotism does not require one to agree with everything that his country does and would actually promote analytical questioning in a quest to make the country the best it possibly can be.
- During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell, 1984
- If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing about it?
- Edward Bernays, Propaganda