This is a list of quotes I find compelling. Disclaimer: I do not necessarily fully endorse all of them.
You may also be interested in a list of specifically political quotes.
- So Abraham called that place Jehovah Jireh (The LORD Will Provide). And to this day it is said, 'On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided.'
- Moses, Genesis 22:14 (Bible)
- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
- Mark, Mark 8:36 (Bible)
- So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.
- George Lucas
- Yes, God always answers your prayers, it's just that the answer isn't always 'yes'.
- Gavin De Becker
- If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
- Albert Einstein
- Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
- John Wayne
- All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.
- Sir Edmund Burke
- Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
- Steve Jobs
- Football is a microcosm of life.
- Lou Holtz
- You always listen to your mother. You understand? Do what she tells you to. She's your best friend. You tell her you love her everyday. Now, you're too young for girls right now, but there's going to come a time, and when it does... you treat them like princesses. 'Cause that's what they are.
When you say you're going to do something, you do it, because your word is your bond, son, and that's all you have. And money... you make money... whenever you get the chance, even if you got to sell out once in a while, you make as much money as you can - don't be stupid like your father. Everything is so much easier with money, son.
Don't smoke. Be kind to people. If somebody chooses you, you know we talked about this, you stand up, you be a man. And stay away from the bad things, son. Don't get caught up in the bad things. So many great things are there for you.
- Denzel Washington, John Q