HR 1207: Audit The Fed
“The Fed”, or The Federal Reserve, is a private conglomeration of banks which literally controls the U.S. economy and has the power to print money, but has never been audited. when asked fiscal questions by Congress, the Chairman of The Fed (currently Ben Bernanke) is free to, and ususally does, NOT answer. Alan Greenspan himself has said that The Fed is above the law. does it make sense that the most powerful private corporation in our country, one which performs all its operations with our taxpayer money, has never been audited? it’s time for this to change.
UPDATE: Rep. Alan Grayson [D-FL] asks the Federal Reserve Inspector General about the trillions of dollars lent or spent by the Federal Reserve and where it went, and the trillions of off balance sheet obligations. Inspector General Elizabeth Coleman responds that the IG does not know and is not tracking where this money is.
this is a bill by Ron Paul [GT] [OC], but it is the epitome of a nonpartisan issue. I can’t imagine a “Democrat” or “Republican” going home and saying, “well I don’t really think we have a right to know where our money is going, so I think the Federal Reserve should continue giving our money away in secrecy”.
here’s how to support this bill, and it’s almost as easy as reading what you’ve just read (well, it will take about 5 minutes):
- go to faxZero, which lets you send 2 faxes per day for free. put your name and email into the “Sender Information” box (it’s important to use a valid email, as you will be sent a confirmation which you have to click before the fax will be sent).
- download this pdf. attach it to the “Fax Information” section in faxZero, and enter the Confirmation Code.
- find your state’s reps which are NOT currently co-sponsors of this bill (here are Virginia’s reps – currently the gentlemen from districts 1 and 6 ARE co-sponsors – the rest need to hear it from us!).
- go to your rep’s official website and find the contact page (for example, Rep. Randy Forbes). find the fax number for their Washington D.C. Office, and copy and paste it into the “Receiver Information” box in faxZero after putting your rep’s name into this section.
- UPDATE: HERE ARE NAMES AND FAX NUMBERS:
- Rep. Rob Wittman [R] at 2022254382 (already a co-sponsor)
- Rep. Glenn Nye [D] at 2022254218
- Rep. Robert Scott [D] at 2022258354
- Rep. Randy Forbes [R] at 2022261170 (5/20/2009 UPDATE: NOW CO-SPONSORING!)
- Rep. Tom Perriello [D] at 2022255681 (5/13/2009 UPDATE: NOW CO-SPONSORING!)
- Rep. Bob Goodlatte [R] at 2022259681 (already a co-sponsor)
- Rep. Eric Cantor [R] at 2022250011 (6/23/2009 UPDATE: NOW CO-SPONSORING!)
- Rep. Jim Moran [D] at 2022250017
- Rep. Rick Boucher [D] at 2022250442
- Rep. Frank Wolf [R] at 2022250437 (6/11/2009 UPDATE: NOW CO-SPONSORING!)
- Rep. Gerald Connolly [D] at 2022253071
- click “Send Free Fax Now”! you will receive a confirmation message in your email – click it. congrats! you have just contacted your Representative about one of the most important issues facing our government today…
- but don’t stop there! send another one to another rep. then, tomorrow, send two more. keep sending until every rep in the nation gets the message! we wanna know where the gold at.
if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments. I would love to answer them. it’s time for transparency.