This is a list of quotes I find compelling. Disclaimer: I do not necessarily fully endorse all of them.
You may also be interested in a list of specifically political quotes.
- The war is inevitable; and let it come! I repeat, Sir, let it come!
- Patrick Henry
- If this be treason, make the most of it!
- Patrick Henry, 1765
- No political party can fool all the people all the time. That is why we have two parties.
- Bob Hope
- There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.
- Robert Heinlein
- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
- P.J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores
- Of all the things of a man's soul which he has within him, justice is the greatest good, and injustice the greatest evil.
- Plato, Republic
- The world is as you dream it.
- The Shuar tribe
- When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
- If, as it appears, the experiment that was called 'America' is at an end ... then perhaps a fitting epitaph would be ... 'here lies America the greatest nation that might have been had it not been for the Edomite bankers who first stole their money, used their stolen money to buy their politicians and press and lastly deprived them of their constitutional freedom by the most evil device yet created --- The Federal Reserve Banking System.'
- G. D. McDaniel
- We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Letter from a Birmingham Jail